Friday, August 9, 2013

Week One COMPLETE!!! RESULTS! Three Weeks left of 30 Day Challenge

So here I am! Week One results are officially in!!! :) I am happy to announce that after one week of my 30 day challenge..I am down 2 pounds. I weighed in yesterday morning at 132.5! In my post on Monday I gave a few meal ideas so today I thought I would give a few of the workouts I do to stay active. I want to take a video and post it, but haven't had the chance...but I'm hoping tomorrow I can change that.


I am lucky enough to live in a neighborhood with a gym and I can use it because my family stays up to date with their HOA's. But not all of my workouts involve my gym and the ones I do away from the gym require little to no equipment and are easy and quick! :)

My gym workout usually is broken up into two sets and cardio. It ranges from .25 miles on the treadmill and 1.5 miles. I do free weights and machines, varying which exercises I do each day I go so that I don't do too much on any specific muscle group. This is the stuff I'll try to get some videos of over the weekend to post in my mid week two update post :)

But there are days that I just do not feel like taking the five min walk to the gym, but I still make sure to get a workout in. How? Where? In the comfort of my home and through circuits. One of my favorite heart pumping circuits is a minute of jumping jacks, 50 crunches, 5 push ups (hoping to increase as my arms get stronger) and 10 squats. I like this cause I work my heart, arms, abs and legs. I usually do the circuit three times and then break for a minute. When I first started, I could only go through it once, but I built it up and you can too! I also like to use full shampoo bottles or textbooks I never sold back as weights for arm workouts.

But I also believe fresh air is good too. In 2012, for my birthday I got a bicycle...it was the only thing I asked for. So, I definitely enjoy bike rides (especially since you can go wherever and however far you want) and try to stay out for at least twenty minutes to get a good cardio workout in. My dad, brother and I also go running two nights a week outside and walking one night. We run 1.5 miles, 1.2 miles and walk 2.5 miles. :) It is definitely fun trying to race and beat each other...plus we get to talk and catch up about everything during our warm ups and cool downs (on the run days) and the whole time for the walk. I am an advocate for getting family involved. It really is my favorite part of the day those days...and I will actually make plans with friends AROUND those runs/walks with my dad and brother. I use the Nike running app to track my runs/walks, calories burned, miles completed and just as a log.

Working out does not have to be work or something you dread...find something you enjoy and go with it. I love even going out dancing with friends when we all can and burning calories that way, or by swimming laps and just having fun in the pool. There are so many great water workouts that require like nothing except your own body weight! I even use Just Dance on XBox, or The Biggest Loser workouts on the Wii or Wii Sports.

It's all about wanting a change and making that change happen. You have to put in the effort, but the results will show...give it time!

I mean...I lost two pounds in a week...and I had a major cheat day (4 beers, wings, fish dip, rib rolls and sweet potato fries)...and managed to satisfy my sweet tooth each day and feel full and happy about after my meals. It's all about moderation and keeping track of calories consumed and calories burned but allowing myself to have days off from working out and days to just enjoy a few drinks or some high calories. My next post will be a combination of meal ideas, video of workouts and my thoughts on food and moderation.

August 1--weighed in at 134.5
August 8th---weighed in at 132.5

No comments:

Post a Comment