Friday, September 27, 2013

Quick and Easy Breakfast Shake!



Yesterday I wanted a quick breakfast and was so tired of cereal or oatmeal and I had the idea to make a shake! The best thing about shakes is that you don't have to go out any buy certain things, if you regularly eat yogurt and fruit...you have all you REALLY need for a good and quick shake! I had bananas, strawberries and some vanilla yogurt (which to be honest...I don't like plain, so this was a perfect way to use it!). I decided to skip on the strawberries, only because I wanted to make this quick and I didn't feel at that moment like washing the strawberries and cutting them...so I stuck with the banana.

This recipe can be done with a variety of different ingredients, including blueberries, raspberries, peaches and even different flavors of yogurt and for an extra quick boost for after or before a workout, you could even add protein powder. I have protein powder on hand, but opted not to use it in this shake because the vanilla yogurt I was using had 2x the protein as regular greek yogurt.

Recipe for Vanilla-Banana Shake:

~One Medium Banana (ripped into smaller pieces- could also be cut)
~1/2 cup of whole milk (or whatever type of milk you prefer)
~1 5.3-6 oz cup of Greek Vanilla Yogurt (or any flavor)
~About 4-5 ice cubes

Place all above ingredients into a blender, cover and turn on to low speed and blend until all ingredients have been incorporated and there are no chunks (approx 2-3 mins using above ingredients). It could take less or longer depending on what fruit is used. Next time I think I want to throw in a scoop of peanut butter. I think it would make it a little thicker but the combination of vanilla, peanut butter and a banana sounds yummy!

For this recipe, I used Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt which I am OBSESSED with! They are 70-90 calories and 7-9 grams of sugar! And taste good!! I also like Yoplait's Greek yogurt for the same reasons, but buy between the two based off of what is on sale!
All the flavors are good too (well those that I've tried). I don't like coconut so I have not tried that one. I really like the blueberry and black cherry and the vanilla is just perfect for shakes or even a parfait!



No comments:

Post a Comment