Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Happy Hump Day! September Goals, Tailgating, Football is BACK!

No pain, no gain! So many great things come with the month of September...a chance for new goals, NFL and College Football start and Fantasy Football!! I am an avid football fan. Tailgating and the Miami Hurricanes are life to me. I follow all the Canes sports, but basketball and football are definitely my favorites.

I have taken on the role of "chef" for our tailgates. We don't do the usual hot dogs and burgers...and throughout the next few months, I'm going to post pictures and recipes for food I make. This Saturday, Miami plays the Gators at noon...icky. But..it gives me a chance to make two different types of food. I'm going to do pancake bites and breakfast quesadillas. I am so excited. :)

Of course with tailgating and football back in full swing, it is time to work even harder on non-game days. Along with running three nights and usually three to four weight days a week, I've decided to throw in a cross training day...either bike, swimming or elliptical. Swimming will always be choice #1 (I do live in Florida after all), but on rainy days I will have to go for the bike or elliptical. I was reading Peace, Love and Low Carb (an amazing blog with tons of great low carb recipes and giveaways) and her first entry of September was about setting attainable goals and being realistic. I decided I want to give it a shot...so to end this entry, I will list my September goals which although will push me...I know can realistically be completed.
What are your goals for September?

SEPTEMBER GOALS:
1. Run a total of 20 miles
2. Lose 7lbs
3. Get my mile to 9 minutes (currently 9 mins 10 secs)
4. Do something for me (a girly day, a massage, anything)
5. Complete 5 full pages of my novel
6. Write two blogs a week
7. Try something new without fear


Happy Hump Day Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment