Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Nothing Worse Than Being Sick

Hello Readers! Sorry it has been more than a few days. I worked Friday and Saturday, off Sunday and just worked the last two days...all while being sick. I hate it. I can't call out because even though I am full time now, I don't get sick pay until the new year. So not cool!

I needed to get better too! Got another home game on Saturday and it is at 7pm! I am really excited about that because I have all day Saturday to prep for tailgating! My mom wanted to just pick up subs...I want to create my own sub! I am even thinking of making mayo for it and maybe even some sort of finger food with a dip. I also think nothing goes better with a sandwich than chips and dip. So I am going to make my own onion dip and yummmmmy! I really love getting to experiment and have fun with food.

One of these days, maybe even this weekend (if I am at 100%), I want to make my poppers! I tried them out last year and they were a hit but I want to alter a few things and give them another shot. I KNOW I can make them better!

So, unfortunately due to my sickness...I have not really exercised, except for a 1.25 mile walk last night (I was feeling better and didn't want to just continue laying around). I have been eating lots of yogurt and chicken noodle soup. My dad makes an awesome batch of soup! He uses small pieces of chicken that he doesn't BBQ or use for cutlets and cooks it with carrots, onions, spices in a broth and it is AWESOME! Just enough flavor and just what the doctor ordered! He teaches me so much! In fact, I'm hoping to be moved out by the end of November, so that he can come to my place for Christmas Eve dinner and see what I've learned! Every year, I do more and more on my own so that I can eventually take over and he can enjoy the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment