Monday, August 5, 2013

30 Day Challenge! Mid Week One Update!!!

So I wasn't able to get my measurements in until today...if you can believe it...my dad and I could not find our measuring tape and my fiance couldn't find his...what are the odds? So here they are, you might be wondering why I measured my arm and leg and although I do not know what change might occur...as I am gaining muscle through weight lifting, I figured it couldn't hurt to see. And I also realize it is an unusual measurement and one that on your own journey...you need not do! :)

Hips: 33.5
Waist: 27
Bust: 36
Arm (taken around fullest part): 12.5
Leg (also taken around fullest part): 20.5

Anyways...I figure I'd give some meals I've been eating, workouts I've been doing (both at home and at gym) and...discuss my indulgence day and why I think it never hurts the overall goal to do so once in awhile!
As you can see...I've been busy! :)



I should start by saying I am a big believer in keeping track of calories and what you eat. I do so by using the free app, MyFitnessPal. It really helps me see how much I eat and where my calories are coming from. And there are of course times when I scan the bar code of my meal (this is usually a work problem) and it does not pop up but I am able to find something similar and use that. I definitely realize that without a kitchen scale...my measurements could also be off a few here and there, but overall...since I work out...it does not bother me. I aim to eat about 1200 calories a day and most of my workouts burn between 100 (quick workouts) and 300 calories. My other big thing is serving size! I never realized how much I was eating until I started noticing what was an actual serving of what I was putting in my body! I was amazed! I could easily polish off a can of Pringles and never realizing that usually 15-17 crisps was a serving (which...is actually quite satisfying).

So here we go, my meals (well a variety of them) for the first few days! As you may notice, dinners are not so much posted..I closed Thurs, Fri and Sunday so my dinner was a protein bar, cheez its or almonds and that was it. I also enjoy breakfast and lunch more because I like to use 3/4 of my calories there...and by the way, I am all for snacks...I just don't always have one because of the times I eat my meals.


So the picture on the left is of my breakfast with my fiance this morning. It's two tortillas (you can use any brand)with three scrambled eggs sprinkled with 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and one chopped jalapeno. I usually like to add bacon, but he was out so this was a meatless breakfast. We each ate half the quesadilla and I clocked in at 328 total calories for breakfast. Not bad, and it filled me and gave me energy. My only future changes would be to add bacon, tomato, onion and use a smaller tortilla (especially if only for one person). On the top right is another example of breakfast for me. This is half a bagel (bagels are SO high in calories I never use the whole bagel at once) topped with one scrambled egg with 1 tbsp shredded cheese and 1 tbsp sour cream and a dash of cayenne pepper! I like spice and I enjoy sour cream cause it seems to give flavor for me and I really was amazed at how many calories/sugars in a serving of ketchup! This breakfast was 215 calories (both breakfasts included one cup black regular coffee).

 
 
Now the lunches are very similar except I changed the crunchy snack and the dessert (I try to have my dessert at lunch time), but both are filling and range from 447 to 465 calories. I had bought the laughing cow cheese at work one day, so I decided to use it with my lunches, along with six roasted garlic triscuits (one serving) and one slice of deli sliced ham and a few jalapenos. The sides are whole grain goldfish crackers (55= ONE serving!- but I only had about 35) and a spicy trail mix (1/3 cup= 150 calories). As for my sweet tooth...I LOVE LOVE the Fiber One 90 calorie brownie...it tastes chocolaty and is fluffy and hits my sweet tooth perfect. Even more so though, I love Atkins Choc Mousse Bars...they taste EXACTLY like a 3 Muskateers...I'm serious!!! I always drink water with lunch and dinner...unless I feel like a glass of milk or OJ...but so far it's been just water. Alright...I feel like another day will be better to give some workout tips! Week one is almost complete...can't wait to see what happens! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment