Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Breakfast Quesadillas--Tailgating at Noon!

 



We had another noon game this past Saturday, so I wanted to make the breakfast quesadillas again and this time, make more (they were a big hit last time!). I also made a lunch like variation with chicken (will post tomorrow) and we had mimosas and jelly filled doughnuts too. One of these seasons, I'd love to get a portable grill and do the cooking on sight...but for now, I can only do it at home and keep it warm for the hour drive down.

I woke up at 6am and got everything ready. Last time, I only used one pan...so this time I decided the best solution for speed and time was to use two pans. I did two egg ones and three chicken ones. I usually like to buy my veggies and chop them myself, but I didn't want to feel pressed for time, so I bought pre diced bell peppers; yellow, green and red. I did however chop the onions. :)

I think if I made them again this season...I would also add some time in the oven to really get them crisp. They are loved the way I make them now...but I just think that will put them over the top!


Breakfast Egg Quesadillas-
(serves 3-4 people easily!)
 
6 large eggs
butter
3 slices of bacon (can use more or less)
1/2 cup of bell peppers
1/4 cup of onions
4 tortillas (I used don pablo corn/flour)
~3-4oz of shredded cheese (I used four cheese)
 
 
 
 
I started by putting both pans on med heat and placed three slices of bacon in the smaller pan. While the bacon cooked, I chopped the onions and scooped out about a 1/2 cup of the pepper trinity and placed to the side. I then took the six eggs and cracked them and mixed them, flipping the bacon slices at this time. Took a coffee break ;)
 
 
 
After the bacon finished, I set the slices on a paper towel to soak up extra grease. I like using bacon grease for eggs, so I tossed the veggies into the pan and let them soften for a few minutes (about 5-6 minutes)...I then poured the eggs into the pan and mixed everything. I let them sit to start cooking and continued mixing to break them up and scramble them. I turned off the heat and allowed the pan to continue cooking the eggs while I chopped the bacon and added it to the pan. I did one final mix through and moved the pan off the heat.
 
 
After the eggs cooled slightly, I began assembling the quesadillas. I placed a few spoonfuls onto one tortilla and then added some cheese. I placed the other tortilla on top and pressed it down. I buttered the second pan and turned the heat up slightly. I put the quesadilla into the pan and pressed down again.
After several minutes (once I could see the cheese melting), I used a paper plate to flip the quesadilla and heat the other side (also for several minutes). I moved the finished quesadilla to a plate to cool and placed the next assembled one into the pan (with more butter!). I was only using the one pan at this time because in the other pan, I was cooking the veggies and chicken for the other quesadillas (come back tomorrow for that recipe!). Once I flipped the second one, I used a bread knife to cut into the first one (next time, I want to try a pizza cutter). I cut six pieces and placed them into a Tupperware dish. Repeated this process when the second one was done and had cooled (another coffee break!). They were scarfed down super quick! Definitely seems to be a favorite! :)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment