Friday, October 11, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things

I haven't really been able to cook much or get to creative...work has been BRUTAL! My day off, I am so exhausted that I just...want to relax! I haven't even gone for the haircut I have been wanting to get for about a month now. Soon though...maybe even next week. This month is really exciting for me. My fiance and I are going to look at our FIRST possible wedding venue on Sunday. This makes it feel SO real. I'll post photos and tell you all about it after! :)

Since I have been a little lazy, I figured a good entry for today would be to talk about one of my new obsessions. A coworker of mine hosted a jewelry party about two weeks ago. Her sister is an independent seller and she hosted it. I was unable to attend, but had already fallen in love with the merchandise from the booklet. The company is called Origami Owl and they specialize in lockets with charms, dangles, plates and all in a LARGE variety!



I love it! I was hooked. My first purchase was a little pricey because the lockets range from small to large and a price of $12-30. But EVERY charm I picked was $5 and some of the ones I held off on (for now) are also $5. I did not purchase a chain because I have a plentiful amount of chains, so I used one of my own. I purchased a medium size locket and six charms to start with. I wanted to get ones that represent me, so I chose the palm tree, the wine glass, the cowboy boot, the cross, the heart with amor, and the football. There were so many more that I could have chosen and now that I've started...I even told my fiance that buying me a few charms or a dangle or even a small locket...would be a GREAT gift for ANY occasion. The six charms fit perfectly in the locket and I could easily add a few more.



One of my favorite things about this jewelry is that it's interchangeable. For now, my charms just represent me as a whole...but as I build my collection I would love to have the original "Me" set and then, a sports one, a date night one, a girls day, a beach/pool day, vacation mode...etc. Another AMAZING thing about this jewelry is that a 16 year old girl created this and made the dream of hers a reality. It's inspiring because she is so young and she is showing that you can make your dreams come true...which really pushes me to continue striving to be a published writer and not give up.

I definitely want to give my bridal party something unique that is similar but also fits to their individual personalities. I am actually considering making this part of their gift. A small locket with a few charms that fits who they are...which they can then start creating their own sets.

The above picture is my locket on a chain I already owned. The palm tree charm is slightly hidden, but as you can see...it definitely fits!

Reference-Origami Owl  (if you love jewelry and want something that represents you or to give as a personal gift...THIS IS IT!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment