Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wishing For Snow

Sometimes the hardest part about being a Florida girl is that I miss out on fall and winter. I could never give up the beach, the sun and the warmth for months of cold, but part of me always longs for the experience of the leaves changing and the snow blanketing the ground. I would never want to live permanently where this happens...but it would be nice to see what winter is REALLY like. I always consider planning a trip, but you never really know when to expect snow...so what if I plan the trip and it does not snow...that would suck!

Back in late 2005/early 2006 (New Years Eve and Day to be exact), I happened to go to New York City for New Years and while standing in Times Square...freezing and listening to Mariah Carey perform, the snow flurries started. It was more than just magical, it was breathtaking and captivating. We headed back to Connecticut the next day...and that very night, it snowed and amazed me. It was only the second time in my entire life that I had seen snow...and I enjoyed every moment of it...catching the snowflakes, making a snowball and even just laying in the snow.

I know I could never live where it snows....I get sick and tired of the cold weather VERY quickly. It makes me lazy and blah! My workouts usually stop, I stay bundled inside when the temperature hits anything below 70 for more than two days. My lips get chapped and I feel like I can never get warm enough. Plus, the whole...icy roads, shoveling snow and car not starting does NOT appeal to me. I am in love with the temporary and pretty factors of a white Christmas, so to speak.

Although my dreams of seeing snow for Christmas in Florida are basically impossible...I do hope for colder temps...at least for the holidays...it makes that warm cocoa and turkey so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment