Sunday, November 17, 2013

One of My FAVORITE Things!

I have a horrible habit of biting my nails...it sucks because I love all the nail art in current fashion right now. I refuse to go to a nail place to get tips put on for two reasons...one, the PRICE and two, they don't last. I am also not a big fan of using glues or anything that could damage my nails. It makes me thrilled when I am able to find a product that I can easily purchase, use and is not expensive. Enter Broadway Nails -literally the best fake nails I have ever worn!






I first stumbled upon these last October when looking for something to dressy up my nails for my best friend's wedding. I was a bridesmaid and needed cleaner looking nails. I stopped at Walgreen's before we went to get our makeup and hair done, and searched with the help of my mom and found these. I loved that they were quick, easy, inexpensive and best of all-no glue so no destroying my nails! I had a friend of the bride help me put them on and no one was able to even tell that they were fake! Best of all--I went out of town with my fiance almost a week later and the nails were still intact! They lasted about 10 days!


This year...my awesome mother painted sets of the nails in Miami Hurricanes colors, different variations, so that I could go even more extreme and decorated for the games! I placed my most current set on my nails on November 9th and 9/10 are still holding strong. The one I lost was a work incident, or else I'd still probably have all ten! Now, I usually buy them at Walgreen's, but they also sell them at Publix and I'm sure Wal-Mart would to!


Painting them is easy! The only suggestion I have, as my mom and I learned...is that the protective seal coat needs to be added so that the color doesn't chip off as easily. The nails fall off naturally when the adhesive (similar in texture to a gel-plastic) wears off. I love this product because it allows me to have the nails I wish I had, and keep them professional looking or painted to fit a situation (sports, holidays) and does no damage to my nails and lets them grow for once! Each set comes with 24 nails...so you have at least two full sets...which if you apply properly...can last you at least two weeks...one set has basically lasted me a week...and I popped on one replacement nail for the one that popped off after 5 days. I can see this set lasting me through Thanksgiving! I plan on removing them by then to place on Christmas decorated nails! Excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment