Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Chicken Quesadillas YUMMY!



I had a recipe for my breakfast quesadillas that I have made twice now for noon football game tailgates last week and now I want to share the recipe I did for chicken quesadillas. I made both for that noon game, because at some point...you stop wanting breakfast and start wanting lunch like food.

The recipe itself is simple because for football games, especially noon games...I like to keep it easy so I don't stress out. As I get more into this, I would love to add other ingredients and I think next time I want to make a dipping sauce (a mix between something creamy and spicy).

 
Ingredients-
 
 
Makes about 3 quesadillas
 
*About 6oz of fajita seasoned chicken strips
(I used Tyson Grilled and Ready)
 
*About 4oz of Shredded Cheese
(can be adjusted for taste)
 
*1/4 cup of chopped onions
 
*6 tortillas
 
*2/3 cup of bell pepper mix
(I used pre diced-yellow, red and green)
 
 
 
 
Instructions-
 
1. Using one frying pan, coat with butter and turn on to med heat and add the onions and bell peppers to heat, stirring occasionally.
2. Take the chicken out of the package and chop it up, place to the side.
3. Once the veggies start to soften, add the chopped up chicken to the pan. Stir as needed. Cook for about 5-6 minutes.
4. Take pan off of heat and transfer to a bowl. Butter a second pan for cooking the tortillas and turn burner to med-high heat.
5. Take one tortilla and place about a cup of mixture to tortilla and sprinkle with desired amount of cheese.
6. Top with a second tortilla and place in pan. Cook about 5 minutes (or until you notice cheese melting) and flip to cook other side.
7. Repeat steps 5&6 for two more tortillas- re-buttering pan as needed
8. Allow quesadillas to cool and cut into slices. Serve and Enjoy!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment